Friday 27 February 2015

Hookworm Holidays- First Environment Thumbnails in Photoshop

I focused these thumbnails on a variety of images taken of the inside of the human body. I decided I'll start by working in an abstract style, to help me establish an atmosphere to build structures around. I am particularly happy with thumbnail number ten. I used a brush that mimics grass texture, and I painted over the canvas with that brush until it created a new kind of texture, like fabric, cotton or fur. This may be something I could bring into 3D work.

1 comment:

  1. Hey Cat - just a thought - as you're going for this very stylised idea - body as holiday destination - I wonder if you need to think about much broader stylisation in terms of the body? In other words, does it need to be toonier and more properly illustrative? Just an idea... meanwhile, see link:

    http://ucarochester-cgartsandanimation.blogspot.co.uk/2015/03/fao-caa-yr-1-2-internal-student-survey.html

    ReplyDelete